Geek Girl Brunch Cleveland – Sci-Fi Brunch
This month’s brunch was Sci-Fi themed. And, we revisited a location we really enjoyed a lot last year – Burgers2Beer. Once again, the food was excellent, and they made a drink just for us – The Pan Galactic Garble Blaster. Those of us that tried it, really enjoyed it!
Instead of coasters for swag this time, each attendee received a space themed pencil, a mini flashlight that had a star at the end, and their choice of 3 different space ships. In addition, thanks to Allied Cleveland, we were also able to give each attendee an item from A Wrinkle in Time. They sent them to us after the free screening they had earlier this month. Our members had a choice of either a draw string bag or a red ball. There was enough swag donated to this brunch, that every attendee was able to get something via a raffle.
In addition to our brunch, the other major event during March was Wizard World Cleveland. We had a booth and a panel there. By the end of the convention, we had close to 60 new members added to our Facebook Page. For pictures from our weekend at Wizard World Cleveland, click on this link.
Some other notable events that happened since our last blog:
- Member Rae, won the swag bag from Allied Cleveland for the Annihilation screening.
- Member MaryAnn was a on Jeopardy! Her win streak stopped at 3 days, but she said she had a lot of fun. And, we had a lot of fun rooting for her to win.
- Unofficial Events:
- March’s Movie Outing was A Wrinkle in Time on March 18th.
- January / February’s Book Club meeting was on Feb. 23 at 3 Brothers Pizza. They met to discuss ‘The Fifth Season’ by N. K. Jimisin and “The Story of My Tits” by Jennifer Hayden.
- March’s Book Club meeting was at Aladdin’s Eatery on March 31st. And, the book they discussed was “Girls to the Front” by Sara Marcus.
- March’s Game Night was held on the 24th at Chandra’s house. There were eleven of us total that night. There was a baked potato bar (with lots of fixings), beer, bacon wrapped weenies, spinach and artichoke dip, chips, Buffalo chicken dip, cheesecake brownies, and cookies. Some of the games that were played were: Exploding Kittens NSFW, Hogwarts Battle, Scrawl, What Do You Meme?, and Joking Hazard! And, kudos to members Victoria and Jessica for their delicious and adorable rice krispy treats.
Check out our Facebook pages for details on upcoming events, and, we hope to see you there!