Geek Girl Brunch Cleveland – I Want To Believe
This month, Geek Girl Brunch Cleveland’s theme was I Want To Believe. The brunch was held at Pappou’s Restaurant in Parma, OH. Their menu consisted of breakfast and lunch items, and they also offered a buffet soup and salad bar. The service was amazing, and thanks to our pre-orders, the food came out quickly and was very fresh.
Our members enjoyed eating and talking about their favorite shows (Stranger Things, American Horror Story, X-Files, and so forth), mystical creatures (Yeti, witches, fairies, Mothman, etc…), and movies (Dracula, Frankenstein, Creature from the Black Lagoon….) during brunch.
Our swag was raffled away to 3 winners. The most desired item was the light up unicorn cup brought in by Officer Katrina. Member Erin M. was able to find it on-line in case anyone wanted to purchase it for themselves.
Some Unofficial events from this past month:
- Unofficial Movie Outing was the Fathom Event for the Premiere of the new season of Doctor Who. We met up at Quaker Steak and Lube for dinner, before the movie at Cinemark Valley View.
- Our Book Club met at Burntwood Tavern in Westlake, OH to meet and discuss “Interview with a Vampire”, by Anne Rice.
- Game Night had a Murder Mystery theme. The murder mystery was created Member Chandra. (Photos taken by Member Erin R.)
Coming up in November:
- Game Night’s theme is Card Games, with a Thanksgiving Food Theme.
- Book Club is meeting at the Flying Fig to discuss “Choose Your Own Autobiography”, by Neil Patrick Harris.
- Our last Official Brunch Outing is scheduled for November 11th. The theme will be our annual Blind Date With A Book.
- Our Unofficial Movie Outing will be held at various locations, as our members wanted to do the Fantastic Fandom Event for the upcoming Fantastic Beasts sequel. So, depending on the location of where our members are, they could be seeing it on the Westside or Southside of Cleveland.
December is usually our quiet month, because of the holidays. However, there is a Game Night planned in early December. And, Officer Darlene will be putting a poll out for the Movie Outing, and host an Unofficial Brunch somewhere. This way we can all get together one last time before 2019 kicks off.
Looking forward to seeing you at upcoming events!